‘The City is Not Safe’: Suspect in NYC Subway Shooting Had 19 Prior Arrests

The main suspect in a New York City subway shooting on Sunday has 19 prior arrests, including for assault, robbery, and criminal possession of a weapon, according to the New York Post.

Law enforcement sources told the Post Andrew Abdullah is wanted for questioning in connection with the killing of Daniel Enriquez. Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell on Monday morning tweeted pictures of the suspect, who is still at large, asking New Yorkers for “help identifying & locating” the shooter.

As part of a progressive criminal justice reform effort, New York abolished cash bail in 2019 for most misdemeanor and nonviolent charges. Opponents of the bail law have credited it with an ongoing rise in crime in municipal areas as the law permits more repeat offenders.

“The worst part is, even if they catch this person, he’s going to be out again,” Enriquez’s sister, Griselda Vile, told the Post on Sunday. “I wish you guys would go back to Mayor Adams and tell him the city is not safe.”

At a press briefing Sunday, NYPD chief of department Kenneth Corey said the subway shooter was a dark-skinned, heavyset man who paced back and forth on the subway car before he fired “without provocation.”

Abdullah has also been charged with menacing and grand larceny, the Post reported.

Crime was up more than 30 percent in the Big Apple in April compared to last year.

The post ‘The City is Not Safe’: Suspect in NYC Subway Shooting Had 19 Prior Arrests appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.

Go to Source
Author: {Washington Free Beacon}

0 0 votes
Article Rating

Comments

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments